Food workers are still on the job throughout every sector of the food supply chain, providing essential services for the public in this moment of crisis and every day. Yet while corporations are profiting off this crisis, food workers are on the front lines facing dangerous working conditions, a loss of wages, and a lack of access to healthcare.
Here are 5 things you can do to support food workers NOW:
- CALL ON GOVERNMENT TO ACT to ensure sick days, healthcare, worker protections, and income for all workers.Sign our petition here.
- DEMAND BIG FOOD CORPORATIONS provide sick pay, hazard pay, family leave, and respect the right to organize. Here are just a few petitions started by food workers and food worker organizations:
- Tyson and other poultry companies
- Major restaurant chains like Applebee’s, IHOP, and Denny’s
- Trader Joe’s
- SUPPORT FOOD WORKER ORGANIZING
- Follow us on Twitter (@FOODCHAINWORKER) and amplify our members organizing
- Donate to support FCWA’s food worker organizing work
- Are you a food worker? Need support organizing to make a change at work? Get in touch here: https://bit.ly/FoodWorkersOrganize
- DONATE TO DIRECT NEEDS, FOOD WORKER FUNDS
- ROC United Restaurant Worker Disaster Relief Fund
- One Fair Wage Emergency Fund for Tipped and Service Workers
- Street Vendor COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- SUPPORT AND SHARE RESOURCES with food workers in your community
Thank you for supporting food worker organizing!