Help Protect Workers from
Exposure to Pesticide
On February 20, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) announced proposed changes to the Worker Protection Standards, giving us the opportunity to increase the protections for workers who are exposed to pesticides.Some of the proposed changes will be beneficial to workers and some will not. Read CATA’s Policy Brief to learn more about the proposed standards and how they will affect workers: WPS Policy Brief
The EPA is allowing for comments on the proposal until August 18. We need you to submit comments to tell the EPA what needs to be done to maximize protections for workers! FCWA member CATA has put together sample comments that you can submit on behalf of yourself or organization. To view and submit these comments, follow the steps below:
- Open the Sample Comments document
- Insert the necessary information about you or your organization and save the changes.
- Go to: www.regulations.gov
- Search for the ID #: EPA-HQ-OPP-2011-0184
- Choose: Agricultural Worker Protection Standard Revisions: Pesticides
- Click on “Comment Now,” a blue box on the upper right-hand side of the page
- Upload your Comments and submit
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when you have submitted comments
Any questions, please contact CATA at 856-881-2507 or email@example.com.
For more information, visit: www.cata-farmworkers.org